Internships are a great way to learn and gain experience. It gives you the professional training of jobs and widens your knowledge about working methodically. Internships are usually done by college students to get an insight into some jobs.
What is a Virtual Internship?
On this page:
- What is a Virtual Internship?
- How Much Money Does A Virtual Intern Make?
- How To Find Virtual Internships in India?
- Earn Money by Joining Affiliate Program Along with Virtual Internship
- List of Best Platforms to Search for Virtual Internships in India:
- Industries That Offer Virtual Internships
Virtual internships are similar to on-site internships, the only difference being that the intern does not have to be physically present at the job location. He/she can work from home or anywhere, communicating with the employers via phone calls, emails, Skype, video chat etc. Virtual internships are becoming very popular as interns can save time and money while gaining on-the-job experience.
Benefits of Virtual Internships
Working from a remote location while gaining professional expertise is a dream for many. Virtual internships offer a great deal of flexibility and are easier to fit into busy schedules. Some of the benefits that a virtual internship offers are listed below.
1. Helps in Making Career Decisions
College students who want to get an idea about the basics of a job before delving into it fetch a lot of benefits from these internships. They get an insight into the job profile which helps them decide the career path they want to follow.
2. Saves Time
You can save a lot of time by taking up a virtual internship instead of a traditional one. Virtual internships save travel time and give you the flexibility of working hours which is not possible otherwise.
3. Saves Money
The fact that you do not have to commute to the workplace and can work sitting at home helps save a lot of money. Commuting takes up quite an amount of money and if you can work without having to do that then it’s a huge advantage.
4. Provides Flexibility
Virtual internships offer great flexibility to the intern as he/she can work from home or while travelling. The intern can work conveniently from his/her comfort, which eventually helps him/her deliver better results. It is scientifically proven that working from the ease of home helps employees enhance their work and also keeps them healthier.
How Much Money Does A Virtual Intern Make?
Depending upon the field of work and the company you intern for, a virtual intern can make from Rs. 7,000 to Rs. 10,000 per hour. Some companies also pay on the basis of the number of targets delivered.
Virtual internships are a great way to earn money while sitting in the comfort of your home. They help you get experience and knowledge apart from the monetary benefit.
How To Find Virtual Internships in India?
1. Search via Job Search Apps & websites
There are many websites and apps that can help you land the perfect virtual internship you have been looking for. Some of the best are given below.
- The Intern App
Through these apps, you can easily find the company of your choice and simply apply for the virtual internship within a few steps.
2. Apply to the Top Companies in Your Sector
You can also search for the virtual internship by visiting the carrier section of top companies in your sector. If you find an online / Virtual internship vacancy, you can directly apply there or apply by emailing the HR of the company.
Here are some steps that you can follow:
- Making a list of companies from your industry will help you in picking up the right one.
- Now that you have the List. You can preside with the next step which is to let them know that you want to join their company in seek of learning and experience. You can do it simply by sending an email to the HR Department of the company.
- Now your next step will be to draft and create a resume. You will have to customize your resume as per the company’s requirements.
- Now you just have to clear the recruitment process.
3. Try Searching in Your Network
You can even search for virtual internships through your Network. As Many in your network must be employed and they and easily help you by referring you to their company. You can also try posting your requirements on your Social media platforms like Linkedin. Virtual Internships and a good source of income and getting experience for students. You can also start earning as a student by joining affiliate programs.
Earn Money by Joining Affiliate Program Along with Virtual Internship
Students can also earn a stable side income with the virtual Internships by joining the affiliate programs. By becoming an affiliate marketer, you can earn up to 50,000 /month and even more. You can promote the best deals on products from the top companies in India and earn a granted commission on every purchase made through your affiliate link.
Steps to Join an affiliate program in India:
- The first step is to find the right affiliate marketing platform. You can always go with EarnKaro as it is the most trusted and used affiliate marketing platform in India. You can join top affiliate programs for the best companies in India. There are more than 1000 affiliate programs available on Earnkaro to join.
- Now Just Join for free on EarnKaro.
- Select and copy the URL of the product that you want to affiliate.
- Easily convert it into a Profit Link with EarnKaro’s easy-to-use link converter tool.
- Now that you have your Profit link you can promote the products by sharing this profit link on your network. And You will be rewarded with a Guaranteed commission.
- On every transaction through your profit link.
- You can easily Withdraw all your earned commission directly into your bank account as soon as it gets equal to or more than Rs. 1o.
List of Best Platforms to Search for Virtual Internships in India:
Here is the list of top Job search platforms where you can search for your virtual internships and join them to boost your initial carrier and income:
As its name suggests Internshala is one of the most trusted Platforms for Joining online and offline Internships. There are many companies that are looking to hire you as a virtual intern at Internshala.
Linkedin is the world’s best Job search platform you can search for national and international virtual internships through Linkedin. It is also a social media platform where you can share your thoughts.
Naukri is an Indian job search Platform where you can join Virtual internships from the top companies in India.
Indeed is also one of the renounced Job search platforms in India where you can join Virtual internships from all across the world and earn money.
GlassDoor, is also one of the most used job search platform where professional hunts for a better opportunity. You can find the best company that you want to do a virtual Internship with through GlossDoor. You can check the company’s profile, ratings, and reviews before applying for a virtual Internship.
Industries That Offer Virtual Internships
There are some fields of work in which you can find virtual internships more easily as compared to others. Some jobs require trainees to be on-site in order to guide and teach them about some aspects. However, various job sectors give you the opportunity to avail the benefits of virtual internships. Here are a few fields you can find virtual internships in.
- IT (Information Technology)
- Social Media
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Video Creation and Editing
- Web Designing
- Software Development
- Content Creation
We also recommend you to check how we can earn money by writing online in India.
A virtual internship works the same as a normal internship just the difference here is that the intern will work remotely through their own laptop or computer.
The work done by Virtual Intern and an Intern is the same. Just a difference is Virtual intern works on the work assigned by the company remotely.
Yes, the virtual internship is worth it. Because it gives a student a privilege to get some precious work experience and income while working through their houses. This way they can save a lot of money that could have been spent on their traveling.
Yes, the virtual internships are paid. But there can be some exceptions as many companies provide virtual internships without pay just to give work experience to the intern. But it is always recommended to join a paid virtual internship.
Finding Virtual internships is really easy in India. You can search quickly search for a virtual internship through some of the popular job search apps like Naukri, Linkedin, Indeed, etc.
Yes, the virtual internships count as work experience. And is valued equally as an Internship.