The Internet has changed many lives. Moreover, it has changed how different professionals earn their money. People are now more susceptible to earning money online and are always looking for opportunities to earn a side income apart from their main job. Accountancy is no different. For years, the profession has been considered a simple pen-and-paper job with nothing to do with the online world. But things have changed. Today we will tell you why earning from online accountancy is a good idea and how you can earn online as an accountant in India. So, let’s talk about it.
How To Earn Money As An Accountant?
On this page:
There are several ways to earn online as an accountant. According to Ambition Box, Accountants in India can earn ₹2.5 LPA on average, with ₹0.6 LPA on the lower end and ₹6.1 LPA on the higher end. Let us have a brief look at the different choices that are in front of you.
1. Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing can be done by people from any profession. Accountants can earn a decent passive income by promoting account products like Microsoft Office, Books, Accounting software, tax calculators, and much more. Apart from these, you can also share other affiliate products like clothing, footwear, gadgets, accessories, etc. Use online platforms like EarnKaro to become an affiliate marketer.
2. Accounting Coach: If you have expertise in accounting and can help others gain this expertise, you can become an accountancy coach. You can start teaching on education platforms like Udemy or your own website. High-value subjects include cost accounting, financial accounting, accounting software, etc. You can even teach subjects related to CA, CPA, ACCA, and many more.
3. Create Excel Templates: Most accountants use Microsoft Excel daily. Accountants can create Excel templates that can be used for different purposes and sell them online. This requires effort, as big, established players in the market are already doing this job.
4. Write Accounting Books: Experienced accountants can publish their books which can be distributed to students and professionals. You can make these books digitally available on platforms like Kindle, Pocket Reader, Google Books, and other reading apps and help people learn and practice their skills. You can also sell physical books online on retail websites or your personal web portal.
5. Start Freelancing: Freelancing is a great way for anyone to earn extra money in their free time. You can become a freelance accountant for different companies and individuals and help them maintain their business and personal finances. Use platforms like Fiverr, Naukri, Freelancer, Upwork, LinkedIn, etc., to research accountancy freelancing jobs on the internet.
6. Work Part-Time: Many new accountants work more than one job at a time, which helps them develop their skills, build their resumes, and ultimately, make some extra money. Lucky for them, now accountants can find online part-time jobs for people who need a hand with their daily finance management.
7. Set up your full-time practice: Once you have a good hold on different accounting standards, you can set up your practice. You can take your business online through your website, which you can create through tools like WordPress, Wix, WooCommerce, Squarespace, etc.
8. Start your Blog: People always need good information. You can provide your valuable input to the public through your online blog. Online blogs can earn money through advertisements, affiliate marketing, sponsorships, and paid partnerships.
9. Investing: After working their brains for a good amount of time, accountants understand how the numbers work. This understanding helps accountants understand new trends, schemes, and programs in the market easily so they can invest in the right instruments to earn them profits. You can easily carry out every formality related to investing through the Internet in 2023.
10. Content Creator: Every lawyer, doctor, and engineer will create content in 2023. Social media is a great way for anyone to let off some heat while making a fortune at the same time. Accountants, too, can create content for Instagram, YouTube, Spotify, Twitter, and many more. Educate the people through creative and entertaining content, and watch your following and income blow up!
Why being an Online Accountant is a good idea?
- No Commute: According to research, employees who commute to work lose too much time. Working online helps you save commute time and gives you extra productivity to take up more jobs on the internet.
- Flexibility: Online accountancy jobs can be done anytime and anywhere. You do not have to be locked up in a room for a 9-5 job. Work in the morning, evening, or even at night. Work from home, on vacation, or while sitting in a garden. It is your choice.
- Increased Productivity: According to one study, online job holders were 13% more productive than their office peers. Additionally, workers have stated that working from home is more productive than working in an office, sometimes even more so. All of this applies to online accountancy jobs too.
- Time for Loved Ones: As you work online, schedules won’t include a commute or other in-person events, allowing you to spend more time with your loved ones. Gaining time will enable you to be there for your family. Build relationships and memories and enjoy the freedom that online work gives you.
- Freedom to Relocate: In contrast to remote workers, those who work in an office must physically attend and cannot live out their goal of touring the globe. As an accountant working online, you only need a strong internet connection to enjoy the advantages of working from your laptop when you’re on the go!
Problems you may face while working as an Online Accountant
- More Distractions: Working online frequently requires much effort to avoid distractions. Kids at home, friends who are available, TV, or phone calls are just a few examples of these diversions. These interruptions decrease productivity and lower the quality of the finished output.
- Logging Off: It is obvious that working online has no benefits if you cannot maintain your work-life balance and find it difficult to unplug after a few hours. As vital as working hard and being punctual, turning off from work at the end of the day is also important.
- Technological Problems: Working online has certain obstacles, most of which are outside your control. Some of them are problems with technology or Internet access that prevent you from working efficiently.
Accountants do hard work. They crunch the numbers to ensure everyone’s finances are in order. Now they can supplement their income in different ways by leveraging the power of the Internet. Find the side hustle you are passionate about, invest your time, and start earning. Good luck with your new adventure!
Also, read about some other ways to make money online: