Are you a housewife who wants to earn a decent sum of money from the comfort of your home? Well then, we are here to help you. We all know that housewives do some of the most important work, without which no one can do their tasks on time.
But still, despite working day and night in the household, sometimes, as a housewife, you need to support your family financially. Nowadays, there are several work opportunities through which you can easily earn a good income to support your family.
How can a Housewife Earn Money at Home in India?
On this page:
- How can a Housewife Earn Money at Home in India?
- List of Top 10 Ways to Earn Money at Home for Housewives in India
There are numerous ways through which housewives can earn money while taking care of their household work as well.
Those days are long gone when housewives were just used to following their daily household work routines. Nowadays, housewives are much more supportive and always looking to contribute and support their families financially. There are several earning opportunities & part-time jobs available for housewives in the market. Some of the most simple and easy-to-start work for housewives to earn money from home are listed here down below. According to the report of Ambition box, the average salary for a working housewife in India is 3 lakh Per annum.
List of Top 10 Ways to Earn Money at Home for Housewives in India
1. Affiliate Marketing
One of the easiest ways or business ideas for housewives to earn a good income is through affiliate marketing. . In affiliate marketing, we promote another company’s products and services to earn a commission on the sale of each product.
No prior investment is needed to start affiliate marketing, and it can be done from the comfort of your home. To begin, follow the steps below:
The first step is to decide on a niche. A niche is the area of your focus, like fashion, technology, gaming, sports, food, etc.
- Choose a platform
There are various platforms to begin your affiliate journey, like social media, blogs, podcasts, live streaming, etc. Pick a platform that matches your goals and objectives.
- Build an audience
Now that you have decided on your platform, it’s time to build and grow your audience. You can directly connect with your audience by creating email lists and sending them newsletters, updates, and deals. If you work on social media, you can tag and follow influencers who might be interested in your niche.
- Join Affiliate Marketing Programs/Network
There are plenty of affiliate marketing programs available online. Join the one that offers products that will resonate with your audience and have a decent payout, like EarnKaro.
- Create valuable content
Make unique and engaging content to stand out from your competition. If you write a blog, then use SEO strategies to reach out to your potential audience. Another way is to promote your content on social media websites like Instagram and Facebook.
2. Become an Insurance POSP
As a housewife, you can easily earn a good income while working from home by selling insurance products. You will be responsible for selling insurance policies to the consumers.
- Required Investment: There is no such investment required to become an Insurance POSP. If you are over 18 years of age and have completed your 10th, then you can start your POSP Journey by getting your license and taking a compulsory 15-hour training offered by IRDAI.
- Earning Potential: By becoming an insurance POSP as a housewife. You can easily earn somewhere between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000 per month on average. This earning will totally depend upon the number of policies you sell.
3. Sell Homemade Items
We have always seen our grandmothers prepare homemade food items such as achar, papad, and more. As a housewife, you can make a good earning by selling these homemade food items in the market. You can also sell homemade cake items. On platforms like Zomato, Swiggy, etc. There is even a large opportunity if you have a knack for creating beautiful gifts. You can sell them on popular sites like Flipkart, Ajio, and Myntra.
- Required Investment: There is the very less initial investment required to sell homemade items.
- Earning Potential: By selling homemade items, you can easily earn up to Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 30,000 per month.
4. Become a Translator
Housewives can easily earn a stable income by working as language translators. If you know more than 1 language, then you can easily earn by translating languages. There are tons of language translation jobs available on freelancing websites. You can also earn by translating by joining a translation agency.
- Required Investment: There is no initial investment required to become a translator.
- Earning Potential: By picking up a translation job, you can easily earn somewhere around Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 40,000 per month.
You can earn as a housewife by starting your own blog. You can start blogging on topics like cooking, product reviews, and location reviews to earn a good income. You can then integrate Google AdSense to earn ad commission on your blog. Here you also share your affiliate link on the blog to earn affiliate income on the sale of products through your link.
- Required Investment: There is no big investment needed to start an income-generating blog.
- Earning Potential: If you integrate Google AdSense on your blog and share your affiliate links on the blog, then you can easily earn Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 30,000 per month by blogging.
- Required Investment: There is no big investment needed to start a freelance career.
- Earning Potential: As a housewife, you can easily earn an income of Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 50,000 while doing freelancing.
7. Start A YouTube Channel
YouTube is one of the most used streaming platforms used by the maximum population in India. Housemakers can earn a good income by becoming YouTube creators. You can create videos on cooking, reviews, and some other interesting topics like travelling.
- Required Investment: There is no such investment required to start a YouTube channel. You can use your existing smartphone to create and edit your YouTube videos.
- Earning Potential: You can earn Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 40,000 through ads and brand promotions on your channel.
8. Teach Online
You can easily earn as a housewife by teaching online. There are many online teaching platforms like Udemy, Unacademy, and Testbook available in the market where you can earn by teaching online.
- Required Investment: There is no investment needed to start teaching online.
- Earning Potential: By teaching online through online teaching platforms like Udemy and Unacademy, you can earn an income of up to Rs. 50,000/month. In addition to this, for those housewives who are a student of any course, we have created this amazing guide on how to make money as a student online in India. Do have a look and let us know if you find it helpful.
9. Resell Fashion and Beauty Products
Fashion and beauty products rank high on any woman’s shopping list. We are sure you might know women who are keen shoppers. Utilize websites like Myntra, Ajio & NNNOW to earn money on fashion & beauty products. You can create your affiliate link and share it with your family and friend. You will be rewarded on every transaction placed through an affiliate link.
- Required Investment: there is no investment needed to start Reselling Fashion and Beauty Products online.
- Earning Potential: By promoting Fashion and Beauty products, you can earn an average income of Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 25,000 per month.
Reselling Platforms where you can resell:
10. Write & Publish E-book
Gone are the times of the traditional method of publishing and printing a book. Jump onto the self-publishing bandwagon and publish an E-book. You can easily earn as a housewife while publishing your own E-Book on platforms like Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.
- Required Investment: There is no investment needed for E-books.
- Earning Potential: There is a huge potential in publishing e-books with no limits on earning potential.
So, the conclusion is that there are several work-from-home opportunities available for housewives in India. You can easily help your family financially by doing any of the tasks mentioned above while taking care of your household tasks as well.
There are many online jobs available for women in India, but if we talk about the best, then a freelancing job is the best for a housewife because of its flexibility and payouts. While freelancing, housewives can pick any of the jobs that they like and complete them within flexible hours.
If we talk about the best source of income for housewives, then there is not just single but multiple sources like:
· Affiliate Marketing
· Selling Homemade items
· Teaching online
There are multiple job opportunities that a housewife can do some of them are:
· Full-time work-from-home jobs
· Affiliate Marketing
· Selling Homemade items
· Content writing jobs
· Translation jobs
There are several ways through which you housewife can earn money at home some of them are.
· Tutoring children’s
· Earning through affiliate marketing
· YouTube videos like cooking videos and teaching videos.
· Online Data Entry