Motivation can strike at any time. You can be an entrepreneur, an artist, a celebrity, or even an employee. Everyone needs the motivation to keep a grip on what they do. No matter how much skill or talent you may have, a lack of motivation can always hold you back from achieving something colossal. It is not something to worry about. We are all humans. We are not machines that can work tirelessly without feeling tired. If you are trying to build an empire for yourself but are feeling down or hurt by what life has thrown your way, do not worry! We have brought the top 74 business motivational quotes that will fuel your fire to achieve something big. So, let us begin!
List of 74 Motivational Business Quotes
1. “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
Explanation – Nothing is more admirable in life than the courage to stand up again after a defeat. Your persistence, your discipline, and your constant efforts are going to make you a successful person and build a successful venture for you. The former British Prime Minister, Winston Churchill, led Britain to victory during the Second World War and gave us this important lesson about the importance of not giving up.
2. “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” – Dhirubhai Ambani
3. “Every problem is a gift—without problems, we would not grow.” – Anthony Robbins
4. “There’s no shortage of remarkable ideas; what’s missing is the will to execute them.” – Seth Godin
5. “You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.” – Steve Jobs, CEO, and co-founder of Apple Inc.
6. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
Explanation – If you are wondering what this beautiful quote signifies, it signifies the importance of working towards your passion. You should start a business for the right reasons. Hoping for success on the very first day will only lead to demotivation. Work towards your goal because of your ambition, and not to chase success.
7. “Business is never so healthy as when, like a chicken, it must do a certain amount of scratching around for what it gets.” – Henry Ford
8. “Do what you love and success will follow. Passion is the fuel behind a successful career.” – Meg Whitman, CEO of Quibi
9. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” – Steve Jobs
10. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
11. “Don’t worry about failure. You only have to be right once.” – Drew Houston, co-founder, and CEO of Dropbox
12. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rodgers
Explanation – There may be so many people out there who have brilliant ideas every day. But no execution means no results. So many people wait for the next day to start their work. If you keep procrastinating, somebody else will take up your idea and run with it. So, do not wait too long to begin.
13. “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.” – Peter F. Drucker
14. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there.” – Venus Williams, tennis player
15. “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” – Barack Obama
16. “If you don’t drive your business, you will be driven out of business.” – B. C. Forbes
17. “To succeed in business, it is necessary to make others see things as you see them.” – John H. Patterson
Explanation – You may be a visionary, but are you a good convincer? Business ideas don’t bloom into success overnight. You have to cajole hundreds of people and convince people of your ideas, your products, your services and everything else. Make people see your business as you see it. Create a solid perception in everyone’s minds.
18. “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” — Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks
19. “Take risks. Failure is a stepping stone to success.” – Arianna Huffington, co-founder of The Huffington Post
20. “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” – Albert Einstein
21. “Every problem is a gift — without problems we would not grow.” – Anthony Robbins
22. “If you want to grow, you have to do something different from the majority of people.” – Lakshmi Mittal, CEO of ArcelorMittal
23. “The first one gets the oyster, the second gets the shell.” – Andrew Carnegie
Explanation – Being the first in a business or in an industry can prove to be a goldmine. Nobody has done it before you. Nobody knows how to do it. Looking for new ideas in the world and executing them will make you valuable, like oysters. The businesses that come after you will always have to settle for less.
24. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T.S. Eliot
25. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
26. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
27. “Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
Explanation – We often think that all successful businesspeople never had to face adversity. They never had to see failures, competition or disappointment. But that is not the case. Successful are those who do not get discouraged by their failures. They learn from them, better themselves, and try again.
28. “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” — Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn
29. “I don’t know the word ‘quit.’ Either I never did, or I have abolished it.” – Susan Butcher
30. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou, author
31. “Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
32. “Outstanding people have one thing in common: An absolute sense of mission.” – Zig Ziglar
Explanation – A mission for your brand is the most important thing for a company. What are you working towards? Why are you preparing your business? What is your ultimate goal to fulfil? Without a sense of purpose, or a mission, you are only working towards your inevitable doom.
33. “When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.” – Oprah Winfrey, talk show host, producer, and philanthropist
34. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estée Lauder
35. “If everything is a priority, nothing is.” – Yuri van der Sluis
36. “Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.” – Thomas A. Edison
37. “Days are expensive. When you spend a day you have one less day to spend. So make sure you spend each one wisely.” – Jim Rohn, entrepreneur and motivational speaker
38. “Someday is not a day of the week.” – Janet Dailey
Explanation – One of the simplest and most powerful quotes in this tally. When are you going to start working towards your dream? Wednesday? Thursday? Someday? That someday never comes. If you want to be successful, stop wasting your time. Discipline and work ethic will get you to the top of the mountain.
39. “A year from now, you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
40. “Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.” – Babe Ruth
41. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” – Reid Hoffman
42. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
Explanation – This is probably one of the most famous motivational quotes ever. Your work, your struggle, your hustle is what sets you apart. It is what makes things happen. Expecting success without working hard towards it is a lost cause. There has never been a case where someone has achieved what they wanted without putting their time into it.
43. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” – Scott Belsky
44. “In the journey of entrepreneurship, tenacity of purpose is supreme.” – Aliko Dangote, founder of Dangote Group
45. “The only way around is through.” – Robert Frost
46. “The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity.” -Peter Drucker
47. “No more romanticizing about how cool it is to be an entrepreneur. It’s a struggle to save your company’s life – and your own skin – every day of the week.” — Spencer Fry
Explanation – In 2022, we are in an era of entrepreneurship. Everybody is building businesses. Some aim small, some aim big. Some are competitive, some are not. Either way, being an entrepreneur looks glamorous on the outside. It is not. Being an entrepreneur is a struggle. It is a race toward time, competitors, towards skeptical thinkers. You are always working towards saving yourself as well as your company.
48. “Every day that we spent not improving our products was a wasted day.” — Joel Spolsky
49. “Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.” — Madam C.J. Walker
50. “Dreams do not come true just because you dream them. It’s hard work that makes things happen. It’s hard work that creates change.” — Shonda Rhimes
51. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” — Walt Disney
52. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there.” — Venus Williams
53. “Remain a lifelong student. Don’t lose that curiosity.” – Indra Nooyi, former CEO of PepsiCo.
Explanation – Lifelong learners make the most visionary business owners. New things develop every day in our society. New needs, new wants, new capabilities. If you set yourself in your old ways, how will you move forward? How will you stay at the top of the competition? The other sharks will eat you alive. So, always keep learning and keep innovating. Roll with the changing time, and time will be gracious to you.
54. “In the end, a vision without the ability to execute it is probably a hallucination.” — Steve Case, co-founder of AOL
55. “Ideas are commodity. Execution of them is not.” — Michael Dell
56. “It always seems impossible, until it is done.” – Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa
57. “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” – Zig Ziglar, author and motivational speaker
58. “For every sale you miss because you’re too enthusiastic, you will miss a hundred because you’re not enthusiastic enough.” – Zig Ziglar
59. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
60. “Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.” – Lisa Stone
61. “A person who is quietly confident makes the best leader.” — Fred Wilson
62. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison, inventor
63. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain during World War II
64. “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein, theoretical physicist
Explanation – Success is an abstract concept. There is always more success that can be achieved. How will you remain a subject of everyone’s concern? How will your business sustain the changing times? The answer is by creating value. Creating value for yourself, your customers, and your investors. This way you remain relevant for as long as you want and nobody can snatch it from you.
65. “Executive ability is deciding quickly and getting somebody else to do the work.” – Earl Nightingale
66. “You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.” – Larry Page, co-founder of Google
67. “Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect.” — Jack Dorsey
Explanation – The former Twitter CEO, Mr. Jack Dorsey, has shed light on one of the most common mistakes that every new businessperson makes. Focussing on everything at once. When you are building a business, focus on only the important things. Do not try make everything perfect. Figure out what is the most valuable asset for your business and work towards making it the best version of itself.
68. “Always deliver more than expected.” — Larry Page, co-founder of Google
69. “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.”— Colin R. Davis
70. “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.”— Tony Hsieh
71. “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” — Thomas Edison
72. “Where we fall are the stepping-stones for our journey.” – Lolly Daskal
Explanation – No failure, no disappointment is ever wasted. It is always a learning opportunity. When you finally build a business and look back at your journey, you will find that those failures made you stronger, smarter, and a better businessperson. You will see how it helped you in creating a successful journey.
73. “Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” — Anthony Volodkin, founder of Hype Machine
74. “The beauty of the business is, you don’t need to think about the eligibility.” – Zahirul M Islam