Are you THAT kid who was made to sing or mimic whenever your noisy relatives came home?
If yes, firstly, apologies; but what if we tell you that you can finally leave those nightmares behind and start earning real money (not forced applauses and smiles) for your talents?
Who Is A Voice Over Artist?
Voice Over Artists lend their voices to many services like ads, e-books, films, animated movies & shows, radio etc. They modulate their voices as per the needs of the script. You could be doing a VO for a car commercial one day and for a documentary the next day. So, if you enjoy variety in your job, this might be the right fit for you.
And if you are exceptional, your voice might be blasting through the Delhi Metro in the next few years, or you might become the next Big Boss! Or you can even become the voice behind gadgets like Alexa and Siri.
But for ALL of this to happen, you need to Start. The best part is that you can do this part-time, as a student looking for some extra cash, or as a housewife/ retired person looking to put their talents to use.
Read on to kick-start your career as a Voice Over Artist.
How Do I Become An Online Voice Over Artist?
How easy or difficult you find the process of landing a VO job will depend on your level of expertise, your niche and frankly some luck.
But the fundamentals are straight-forward:
- You need a smartphone/computer, a microphone and a working internet.
- Look for VO auditions online.
- Apply! Apply!
- Apply once more!
With enough practice and hard work, you wouldn’t find it too hard to land your first gig.
Or if you still want to earn some money while looking for a job as a voice-over artist, you can always explore EarnKaro. It allows you to make Rs. 15,000- Rs. 30,000 per month by re-sharing deals from e-commerce giants.
How Much Do I Earn As An Online Voice Over Artist?
Voice Over is a viable way of earning money, both part-time and full-time. With digital services on the rise, VO’s demand is on the rise.
As a newcomer, you can expect anywhere between Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 10,000 for a mid-size VO project. But established VO artists can easily make around Rs 40,000 to Rs 90,000 per month. The payment may be paid per project, per page or per hour depending on the company. Payment per page can be around Rs.600 – Rs.700.
How Do I Get Paid As A Voice Over Artist?
Below are some of the multiple ways in which VO artists gets paid:
- Contractual basis
- Every time the VO is publicly aired
- A Full Buy-Out
- On a monthly or Per Project Basis
We advise you to read the contract properly before taking any project on.
Where Do I Find Online Voice Over Projects/Jobs?
The internet is filled with endless possibilities, and that is precisely why it is sometimes difficult to find the right project.
But we have compiled some of the ways that might help you land your first VO job:
- Sign up on websites like Voicebunny, Voice123.com, Voicehired.com, Upwork, and more.
- Networking is Key. Join Facebook groups, meetups.com etc. Attend relevant events in your city.
- Find successful VO artists online and try to seek their guidance. Add them to your LinkedIn network if you can. Don’t fret, most people are more than happy to help.
- Actively pursue auditions, this will not only improve your chances but also allow you to connect with like-minded individuals.
- Build a personal brand by showcasing your talents on social media. It is one of the easiest ways to make your mark.
But if VO is your real passion, then Big Boss chahte hai ki aap auditions dete rahe and we wish you all the best in your journey.